currywurst & beer crawl Stag Party in berlin
You've got to have a dream and it would appear that for many Germans that dream would involve currywurst. The dish is so popular that pretty much everyone in Germany eats it, there's even a museum dedicated to it. And now it's your turn to get wursted.
For those not in the know, 'wurst' means sausage, so currywurst is sausage curry. What's not to love?!?
You and the guys will be joined by a local guide who will take you on what has to be one of the greatest pub crawls of all time. You'll get to sample 7 different beers and 3 different types of currywurst. Yeah that's right, it's beer, it's sausage, it's curry, it's the groom and his best mates living the German dream.
You simply haven't experienced a proper night out in Germany unless you've eaten currywurst.
- The currywurst was invented when sausage seller, Herta Heuwer, bought tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and curry powder from British soldiers stationed in Germany after WWII.
- 800,000,000 portions of currywurst are sold in Germany each year.
- That's 1,500 sausages consumed a minute!
- Berlin has an estimated 2,000 kiosks dedicated to selling currywurst.
- In Germany it's known as 'poor man's steak'.
- It's not actually the sausage that's curried but the sauce.
- Berlin and Hamburg both claim to be the original home of the currywurst.
- The Curry Club of Hamburg accused Berlin of "rewriting the history books!"
- Fight! Fight! Fight!
- There's even a Currywurst Museum.
- VW sell more plates of currywurst (in their staff canteens) than they do Golfs.