Being cool doesn’t happen by accident, sometimes you need to be a little bit prepared in order to make true cool-ness look totally effortless (no one need ever know the preparation you’ve put into it). From mixing perfect cocktails to fixing damaged furniture, we’ve packed 21 cool man hacks for all occasions into one man-sized guide. So ‘get your cool on’ with man hacks to turn you into an urban Bear Grylls.
Paper Bottle Opener
• Fold a piece of paper in half vertically, repeat three times
• Fold this remaining paper in half vertically to create a tight ‘V’ shape
• Put the ‘V’ of the paper against the underside of the bottle cap and lever upwards
• Drink the contents in celebration of your man-skills
Make yourself look, smell and taste like a bloke who knows what he’s doing simply by throwing a few sprigs of rosemary on the BBQ once the coals go white.
Keep it Cool
A wheelbarrow can make the perfect funky way to serve chilled drinks at an outdoor party. Plus you can roll it over to anyone too drunk or lazy to get their own or use it to get them out your garden at the end of the night.
Create your own cool DIY upcycled glasses;
• Get a bottle of beer
• Drink the beer
• Soak a piece of string in lighter fluid or alcohol (pure alcohol or similar, don’t just soak it in beer)
• Wrap the string around the now empty beer bottle at the desired height of your glass
• Light the piece of string on fire
• When it’s burned dip the bottle straight into a sink full of ice water
• Once submerged the bottle should break at string level, if not gently tap the bottle against the bottom of the sink (make sure you’re wearing gloves)
• Sand off any sharp edges with regular sandpaper
• Get another bottle of beer
• Open the beer and pour it into your new glass
• Drink the beer
• Repeat last three steps until the world goes all fluffy
Copyright: Life Cheating
Take your BBQ hot dogs to the next level by wrapping the sausages in bacon!!!
How To Whistle
Order A Beer on Every Continent
|Asia||Japanese||“Bee-ru ip-pon, ku-da-sai?”|
|South America||Spanish||“Puedo tomar una cerveza?”|
|Europe||French||“Une bière, s’il vous plait?”|
|Africa||Swahili||“Moja pombe, tafadhali?”|
|Australia||Australian||“I’ll have a pint of liquid gold please mate?”|
|North America||Sioux Indian||“Wan-jee m’nee-pee-gah, ee-yo-kee-pee?”|
|Antarctica||Russian||“Mozhno mne pivo?”|
Build a Proper Campfire
1. Start by finding tinder, this could be dry heather, moss, or even small twigs (no thicker than a pencil lead). Your pile of tinder should be just smaller than a football.
2. Next locate some kindling. Kindling should be roughly the length of you forearm and the thickness of your thumb.
3. Add fuel to your fire with some decent branches. These should be roughly the length of your arm and thickness of your wrist.
4. Place the tinder on an area of dry, flat ground and set it alight.
5. Now stack the kindling over the top in a basic wigwam formation.
6. Now place the fuel over the top, again in a wigwam formation but not leaning on or touching the kindling.
7. Crack open a cold beer and bask in the warm glow of your handiwork.
Eat Pizza Like a Pro
In a rush to get ready to go out but want to grab a quick beer? Simply take your beer into the shower with you, beer-bathing will soon become one of your favourite pastimes (beware of taking glass bottles in the shower – This is a Health & Safety Police statement).
If you lose an important screw, nut, bolt, piece of Lego on the floor but can’t see it, get a pair of tights and secure them over the end of the vacuum cleaner. The missing piece should stick to the hosiery without disappearing into the vacuum. We won’t ask why you own a pair of tights.
If you get caught short charging your phone while away you can charge it using the USB socket on the back of the TV’s USB port.
Outdoor Mood Lighting
Switch your phone to torch mode, place a bottle of water on top and hey presto! Instant funky ambient lighting. Tomorrow… MacGyver becomes an interior decorator.
Copyright: Wonder How To
Amp It Up
Cut a slot into an empty crisp tube and insert your smartphone to create speaker to amplify your phone.
Cook on Girlie Tea Lights
Those things your girlfriend is so keen on and you’ve never really seen the point of, can actually make a good way of toasting marshmallows at a party. See more here.
Serve Funky Ice
Freeze chunks/slices of fruit to add to drinks at your next BBQ. This fruity variation of the boring ice cube instantly makes drinks look cooler and taste better.
Play Lawn Twister
Get a cool/retro party game going by using an old cardboard box, scissors and spray paint to bring this classic back to life.
Repair the Damage
If you’ve managed to scratch your girlfriend’s favourite piece of wooden furniture and need a quick, lasting repair before she sees it and goes ‘radio rental’ then simply run a warm finger over the scratch, your skin’s oils will soak into the wood. Now rub a walnut into the scratch (the nut itself, not the shell). Finally give it a quick buff with a cloth and voila! You’re in the clear.
Make a Good Mojito
It’s one of the coolest summer cocktails ever and a basic man-skill every guy should have in his mental liquor cabinet.
– White Rum
– Soda Water
– Mint Leaves
• Slice the lime into wedges and place two wedges into a glass
• Add two teaspoons of sugar
• Muddle (you can do this in a pestle and mortar but best done in the glass with a muddler or end of a rolling pin)
• Add 3 mint leaves and muddle again
• Fill the glass with crushed ice
• Add 50ml of white rum
• Top the glass up with soda water
• Fall over
Save time on your morning routine by shaving while in the shower. The hot water opens your skins pores and makes skin softer making the shave smoother.
DIY Photo Booth
Photo booths have become really popular but you don’t need to spend a fortune to hire one in. Hang an old picture frame with a box full of props and costumes nearby and people will soon create their own photo fun.
Have you got any cool man hacks you think every guy should know? Post your ideas below.