Highland Games in Glasgow
- Set at a Scottish castle
- Range of different sporting events
- Including Tossing the Caber, Haggis Throwing & Target Golf
- Presentation ceremony for winning team
We don't need your final balance until 6 weeks before your event date.
Easy individual payments
Book it all effortlessly in one place
We even plant 1 tree per person
- Meet the marshals for a safety briefing and team allocations.
- Get your game faces on ready to go "full Braveheart".
- Each game will be explained as you commence including;
tossing the caber, haggis throwing, target golf, shot put, whiskey challenge and more...
- You'll face 9 different events in total.
- At the end of the day, the points will be counted and the winners crowned 'Lairds of the Highlands', the rest will simply be left to cry into their porridge.
No Glasgow stag do is complete without some healthy sporting competition and there's no greater test of a man than the Highland Games. For those not in the know, imagine the Olympics had been dreamt up by two wee Scots fellas, in a boozer somewhere in the back of Inverness while deep into their 4th bottle of whiskey. Add extra danger, near-impossible tasks, sprinkle with Tartan and the sound of bagpipes and you're just about there.
Split into teams you'll tackle a series of epic tartan inspired challenges, but in terms of winning teams, in the words of Highlander... "There can be only one!" (although we would like to point out you won't be required to chop anyone's head off, any decapitations will be completely unintentional and should be avoided at all times).
- Tossing The Caber - Simply pick up an entire tree trunk and lob it as far as you can. Easy. To give you a sporting chance you will be using slightly smaller but still "bloody heavy" cabers.
- Haggis Hurling - Bred and raised locally these little critters are hard to catch. Thankfully all you've got to do is throw them as far as possible. Please note; no actual haggis were harmed during the making of this event.
- Archery - What better traditional sporting challenge would better suit a band of particularly merry men? "Lets... Play... Arrows!"
- Fly Casting - It doesn't get more rural than this. You'll need a feather-light touch and real skill to master the required accuracy and technique.
- Target Golf - It's not quite St Andrews but this is a brilliant test of your skill with a club. Various targets and distances to chip and aim for.
- Shot Putt - A test for the manliest of men. You'll be throwing steel balls of varying weights into scoring zones.
- The Whisky Challenge - A cunning test of accuracy. The last person standing wins the bottle!
- Bagpipe Playing - Some of the lads might well have more wind than Glasgow in November, in which case this is the perfect opportunity for them to truly shine.
- Welly Hurling - It's Man vs Footwear as is this battle of strength and accuracy. Getting power behind your throw is easy but to chuck it furthest and stay within the boundaries takes a little more skill.
Please Note; Games and challenges may vary depending on the weather and groups size.
Booking Your Legendary Stag Do...
- Enquire today & we'll crack on and plan your event
- Book early to secure your preferred dates & timeslots
- Low deposits, each stag pays direct, 1000s of excellent reviews
highland games Stag Do Legends
Brilliant. All the boys loved it. Would recommend.
Tomas Lee | Glasgow
Really good fun
Really good fun, the free iron brew was a great touch!
Dan Jones | Glasgow
Awesome guy, he was amazing and even arranged help for my disabled grandpa so he could be with us during the games!
Glenn Jamieson | Glasgow
Please Note: We work with 1000s of suppliers across the UK & Europe so prices, availability, photos and specifics on our highland games activity may vary depending on your preferred location and dates.
Feel free to ask your Destination Specialist at the time of booking if you have any questions about this.