In Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland has two of the greatest party cities in the UK, so if you’re looking to give the groom an unforgettable send-off you’re definitely onto a winner with a Scottish stag weekend!
Scottish Stag Weekends
5 Reasons to Go on a Scotland Stag Do
- The nightlife – Both Glasgow and Edinburgh have a nightlife which could rival that of any other city in the United Kingdom. The parties start early, finish late and are always booming.
- The daylife – Whilst they're both massive party towns, they also both boast an incredible array of awesome stag adventures waiting to be conquered.
- The whisky – Scotland is the home of whisky (don't tell the Irish) and a distillery tour is a must for any stags who are partial to a tipple of this liquid nectar.
- The comedy – Edinburgh is home to the Fringe Festival which needs little introduction, it's where all the best comedians really cut their teeth.
- The competition – Because Glasgow and Edinburgh are both striving to be the best Scottish city, they are constantly evolving and improving to one-up each other, meaning new bars, pubs and clubs are springing up all the time!
The world's greatest comedy festival, massive activities, the Royal Mile, it's as if Edinburgh was custom-built for stag dos. If you haven't done Edinburgh before, you simply have to go. If you have been, you'll know just how epic it is.
Start planning your Edinburgh stag do.
Great whisky, great music, great people, Glasgow is a belting party city and a superb place to house the groom's monumental celebrations. Check out the incredible activities on offer and prepare yourselves for a night out like no other.
Start planning your Glasgow stag do.
Choosing Between The Two
They are both as equally good as each other: flip a coin, pick out of a hat, or... wait for it... do both! They're only an hour train ride away so why not live it up in Edinburgh for one night, before bouncing on over to Glasgow the next day. Ideal!
Both Edinburgh and Glasgow are easily accessible by car or via public transport (Train stations: Edinburgh Waverley or Glasgow Central). Both cities also boast their own airports which is handy if any stags are jetting in from further afield.
When To Go
The beauty of these electric cities is the party never stops. Rain or shine, winter or summer, there are plenty of epic activities and stag challenges to conquer. Don't hesitate, gents, get booking!
Travelling abroad? Stay informed.
For information on staying safe and healthy while travelling abroad as well as local laws and latest government advice on destinations visit the FCDO Travel Aware website.
For travel insurance advice also see our Groupia guide.