Absinthe Tasting in Berlin
- Tasting session
- History of Absinthe
- See over 200 varieties
- Learn how to drink it
We don't need your final balance until 6 weeks before your event date.
Easy individual payments
Book it all effortlessly in one place
We even plant 1 tree per person
- Meet your English-speaking guide
- Learn the history of this legendary drink
- You'll also learn how to drink absinthe properly
- You'll sample 3 types of absinthe
- And 3 is definitely enough (trust us)
- You'll also be given a traditional German snack
You can't really call yourself a proper drinker unless you've had absinthe.
Absinthe was originally a drug and early versions of the drink are said to have hallucinogenic properties. The results of which weren't great and led to the drink being banned in a number of countries. Yes, a drink that is so bad it still has its own rules and regulations (mostly surrounding the ingredient wormwood). Authorities were so afraid of the effects of absinthe that even paintings of it were banned.
During this fantastic session you'll join the list of hardcore drinkers and party legends including; Van Gogh, Edgar Allan Poe, Ernest Hemmingway and Edvard Munch as you're shown the correct way to drink absinthe and all about the drink's chequered history. You'll also sample three different types of absinthe.
- Absinthe in its original form was banned in many countries for the extreme side effects including hallucinations
- In the movie Moulin Rouge, Kylie Minogue plays 'The Green Fairy', essentially the result of drinking absinthe
- Absinthe isn't illegal in the UK but there are strict regulations on the amount of wormwood allowed per bottle
- In 1859 Manet's painting 'The Absinthe Drinker' was banned because cafe society was plagued by the effects of the drink
- Absinthe is usually around 70% alcohol
- Originally absinthe was a medicine, not a drink
- Picasso painted a picture "A Glass of Absinthe"
- Other famous absinthe artists and writers include:
Edgar Allan Poe
- Ernest Hemmingway used to drink absinthe before running the bulls in Pamplona
- Traditionally it should be heated on a soon and served with water and sugar
Booking Your Legendary Stag Do...
- Enquire today & we'll crack on and plan your event
- Book early to secure your preferred dates & timeslots
- Low deposits, each stag pays direct, 1000s of excellent reviews
Please Note: We work with 1000s of suppliers across the UK & Europe so prices, availability, photos and specifics on our absinthe tasting activity may vary depending on your preferred location and dates.
Feel free to ask your Destination Specialist at the time of booking if you have any questions about this.