Volcano Hike in Reykjavik
- Ascent up Mount Hekla
- Hike on an active volcano
- Expert guide
We don't need your final balance until 6 weeks before your event date.
Easy individual payments
Book it all effortlessly in one place
We even plant 1 tree per person
- Once you've been picked up by flying eagles (or our driver) you'll be taken to base camp.
- Our hiking guide will run through the planned walk with you and deliver a quick safety briefing.
- Set off on the journey of a lifetime - scale the volcano and pose for some seriously cool Facebook photos at the top.
- Chucking the ring in could be funny, but the bride-to-be might not 'get the joke'.
- Begin your long trek down and enjoy the stunning views.
Listen - you've got one stag with a very precious ring, a best friend by his side, and a bunch of other mates along for the journey. We've got a volcano. Look, we're not saying you have to recreate the Lord of the Rings trilogy in its entirety. We're just saying you could.
If you and the lads are up for the challenge of marching forth to Mordor (or the Icelandic equivalent), then this is just the stag activity for you. It's difficult, it's tiring, it's likely to result in all of you longing for second breakfast by the end of the journey, but for the sort of once in a lifetime adventure that's likely to create irreplaceable memories and be a unique bonding experience for you and the boys, it has to be a volcano trek. After all, there are some things that just can't be topped - and volcanoes are definitely one of them.
You and the lads will strap on your hiking boots and tackle Mount Hekla, the second most active volcano in Iceland. It's erupted as recently as 2000, spewing forth enough fire and lava to melt the One Ring. To call the walk up the 1500 metre tall volcano a challenge doesn't quite cover it, but once you're there you'll be rewarded with completely unforgettable views. You'll be able to see not just the volcano, but across the Fjallabek mountains and the Vatnajokull glacier (Europe's biggest glacier), and practically all the way back to the Shire.
Booking Your Legendary Stag Do...
- Enquire today & we'll crack on and plan your event
- Book early to secure your preferred dates & timeslots
- Low deposits, each stag pays direct, 1000s of excellent reviews
You May Also Like...
Need more inspiration? Search all our stag do activities...
Please Note: We work with 1000s of suppliers across the UK & Europe so prices, availability, photos and specifics on our volcano hike activity may vary depending on your preferred location and dates.
Feel free to ask your Destination Specialist at the time of booking if you have any questions about this.