Crank up the excitement and increase the tension of watching the scores roll in with the hilarious, exhilarating and downright boozy Soccer Saturday Drinking Game.
The rules are simple, the competition fierce and the results… well, that depends on how the afternoon unfolds.
Gents, get your Saturday off to a flyer with this awesome football drinking game.
See below for the Soccer Saturday Drinking Game Rules…
Before you check that out, you need to choose which division you’re using (Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two, Scottish Premiership, etc.). Don’t just use all the leagues or it’ll be full time for you guys before it’s even half time in the matches.
- A goal is scored – One finger of beer.
- The team you support concede – You must turn your shirt/T-shirt back to front.
- The team you support score – Nominate someone else to drink (put your shirt/T-shirt back the right way).
- Someone somewhere gets a red card – Jaegerbomb for everyone.
- Someone gets a yellow card – Everyone takes a shot of tequila.
- Someone scores an own goal – One shot of the spirit of your choice.
- Anytime you hear a football cliché – Call it out and everyone else has to drink.
- Someone gets a player’s name wrong (including mispronunciation) – Last person to shout “Aubamayang!” must take a shot.
- Absolutely no drinking during half-time – Anyone caught drinking must go outside and jog around the block before being let back in.
- Ref falls over – See off your beers.
- A pundit makes a really bad joke or pun – One finger of beer.
- Anytime a pundit says: “Goal of the season” – Shots all round.
- Any pundit says: “Unbelievable” – Shots all round.
- A pundit says: “Relegation battle” – Last two players to put their arm in the air must arm wrestle.
- A pundit makes a Fergie reference in comparison to the current United team/manager – One finger of beer.
- A pundit screams/makes a funny noise – One finger of beer.
- A team scores after 90 minutes – Everyone must down their drink.
- The game ends – Everyone must shake hands and swap shirts with another drinker.
Please remember, it’s a long season, so pace yourselves. Our Soccer Saturday Drinking Game is about having laughs, not who will be the first to kiss the carpet, so please drink responsibly, switch to soft drinks for the good of the team if need be.
Have you got any other rules for our Soccer Saturday Drinking Game? Post yours down below;