Our Bournemouth Stag Do Guide
StagWeb's Bournemouth Destination Specialist
This is Luke, StagWeb's Bournemouth specialist.
Luke has worked at StagWeb since 2011 and has been helping lads organise their big Bournemouth celebrations since day one.
From where to stay to what to do, Luke will be on hand to advise you on booking your Bournemouth stag do.
Give him a call on 01225 474200 or simply send him a free Bournemouth stag enquiry and he'll get to work building an unreal south coast celebration.
He'll then work with you to get it spot on for you. Ideal!
✅ Luke's Bournemouth Top Tip
"Bournemouth is home to one of the best multi-activity sites we have in the UK if you're looking to make a day of it."
"They have everything from Quad Biking to Clay Shooting, and you can double, triple or quadruple up as they're all in one place."
Each of the activities above will have a list of what they can be paired with, but check out the Ultimate Stag Challenge for various packages that are available.
🍺 Luke's Night Out Top Tip
"Old Christchurch is a great area for stags. There are plenty of bars that are stag-friendly and there's also a sports bar which is ideal if you want to catch a game."
Your Bournemouth Event Manager
This is Steph, StagWeb's Bournemouth Event Manager.
Once you've made your booking, Steph will take over from Luke and (you guessed it!) manage your event.
She'll be on hand to answer any questions you have, make any changes, and advise you on the best things to do in Bournemouth.
Steph recently went to this bouncing party town to get the latest lowdown on all things stag and these were her three top tips...
✅ Steph's Top Tips
- A lot of activities in Bournemouth are on the outskirts and require some form of transport to get to (but they're definitely worth it)
- Head to Old Christchurch Road for the bars and clubs
- Beer lovers will love The Firkin Shed located on Holdenhurst Road - it's about a 20-minute walk from the centre
Is a Stag Do in Bournemouth Right for You?
Before booking your Bournemouth stag do, you need to make sure it ticks the boxes for you and the boys.
Being a coastal town, Bournemouth has many advantages other UK destinations simply cannot offer. We're talking a beach, coastal activities, seafront boozers, and a whole lot more.
We've sent 1000s of stags here since we started planning stag weekends in 2002, and we've had loads of positive feedback including this from stag legend, Scott: "My group of 12 went to Bournemouth for a weekend and had a fantastic time.
"The rage buggies and clay pigeon shooting was the highlight of our weekend - 10/10 experience. Would recommend to anyone!!!"
- Big Nights Out
- Classic Activities
- Unique Activities
- Coastal Activities
- Beach Days
Not Ideal For...
- Guaranteed Sun (Where in the UK can?!)
- Sightseeing Opportunities
When to Go to Bournemouth?
Whilst Bournemouth is a belting party town all year round, you're going to want to go when the sun is shining.
That's why 78% of our groups for 2023 decided to head to Bournemouth between April and September.
Yes, it's that time of year when things start to warm up and the coastal activities come alive.
Where to Drink in Bournemouth
- Town Centre - Bournemouth town centre has a range of chain bars and pubs mixed in with a few local places, too. There's also the Lower Gardens where you'll see a lot of people chilling in the sun with a pint in hand. The town centre is in and around Terrace Road and Exeter Road.
- The Triangle - Bournemouth Triangle has a cracking mix of bars, clubs and places to grab a bite for dinner or a hangover-conquering breakfast. The Triangle is located at the top of Terrace Road.
- Old Christchurch Road - The party bounces here in early evenings with chain bars like Walkabout, Revs, and Slug & Lettuce among the places along this road.
- Exeter Road - Another stretch where you'll find a few more bars and eateries. A bit more chill than the places above.
- Boscombe - Christchurch Road in Boscombe has a few bars and pubs if you're this end of town. There are also a couple of beach front joints if you fancy a pint with sea views.
For the latest lowdown on food and drink options in Bournemouth, the local tourist website has it all covered.
Your Bournemouth Stag Night
Anyone who has attended a stag in the UK will have had the words, "Sorry, fellas, no stag dos!" ringing in their ears at least once.
Yep, sadly many pubs, bars and clubs will turn away a big group of lads if you haven't had the foresight to pre-book.
However, these are stag weekends of the past.
Book your big Bournemouth stag night activities with StagWeb and we'll get you on the guestlist to some of the best venues in town.
No faff. No hassle. Just give your names at the door and head straight on in.
Check out the nightlife tab above or give our Bournemouth Specialist a call on 01225 474200 and they'll be able to advise on the best nights out for your gang.
Where to Stay in Bournemouth on a Stag Do?
Bournemouth isn't the biggest place in the UK, but you still don't want to base yourselves miles out of town.
The town centre, Triangle, Old Christchurch Road, Exeter Road and Boscombe are all decent drinking spots, so anywhere near there would work well if that's your vibe.
Check out our range of Bournemouth stag accommodation. Here, you'll find the perfect stag-friendly stay for you and the guys. Each one has a map of its location, so you can see exactly where you'll be based.
If you fancy doing something different, be sure to have a gander at our Bournemouth glamping options which are located further out of town.
Getting to Bournemouth
It's so easy to get to Bournemouth by...
Train - Bournemouth Train Station is pretty central, so you won't have to walk far to get to where you need to go. Also, if there's a load of you getting in at different times, there are plenty of great pubs nearby where you can enjoy a few ice-cold beers whilst waiting on the others.
Visit Trainline to book your train tickets.
Car - Bournemouth is a breeze to drive to, plus you shouldn't find it too difficult to park. Be sure to check to see whether your accommodation has parking. If not, there are three NCP Car Parks in and around the town centre.
Visit Parkopedia for the nearest car parks in Bournemouth.
Plane - Yes, Bournemouth Airport is situated just six miles from the centre of town for any stags flying in. Be sure to check in advance that you can fly to Bournemouth (and back) from your chosen departure point.
Getting Around Bournemouth
Walking - Bournemouth town centre is easily walkable. If you and the boys need to head further away from the centre, you have plenty of alternative transport options available to you.
Bus - Bournemouth has plenty of bus options serving the whole town. For the latest info on bus routes, fares, and more, check out More Bus and get organised. More bus 737 operates between Bournemouth Airport and the centre of the town.
Taxis - There are taxi ranks dotted throughout the city, plus your accommodation reception or our Bournemouth Destination Specialist will be able to advise on a reputable local company for you to use.
Bournemouth Stag Do FAQs
Is Bournemouth good for a stag do?
A Bournemouth stag do has everything you and guys could ever need with a great mix of watersports and classic land-based activities. Add to that its big nights out and cracking beachfront, and you've got yourselves the perfect stag combo.
Does Bournemouth have good nightlife?
You must have heard about Bournemouth's nightlife before?! It's famous for being one of the UK's loudest, liveliest and best nights out. From bouncing bars to beachfront boozers, big nightclubs and cracking pubs, there's something for everyone!
Where can I watch matches in Bournemouth?
Being a footy-loving town, you won't be short of places to watch a match. No matter what part you're in, you'll be bound to find a place to watch a match. Take the hassle out of things by booking up our cracking Sports Bar & Games which includes unlimited pool!
Can you drink on Bournemouth beach?
Yes, you can drink on Bournemouth Beach. However, the authorities reserve the right to confiscate any booze from groups causing a scene. So, take it easy and enjoy a nice chilled one, fellas.
Can you BBQ on Bournemouth beach?
You can use disposable BBQs on Bournemouth Beach between 6 pm and 10:30 pm. Please be mindful of other people and make sure you take away all of your litter with you. For the latest information, visit the Bournemouth town council website to avoid any issues.
Do you offer Bournemouth stag packages?
Yes, we offer a range of popular Bournemouth stag packages that are priced up and ready to book.
Have a browse through our top picks or build your own weekend.
We're totally flexible here at StagWeb. If you see one you like but want to amend it slightly, let us know and we'll sort that for you.
Top Things to Do in Bournemouth for Stags
As well as all the top stag adventures you'll have lined up, there are a couple of things every stag should do when they head to Bournemouth.
- BBQ on the Beach - Yes, in the summer sun, a little BBQ on the beach in the evening is a great shout. Get a couple of beers, a couple of disposable barbecues and have at it. Please be responsible, though, fellas. And make sure you know all you need to know.
- Fish & Chips - You can't go to a seaside town and not try the local fish and chips. Especially when you and the boys might not want a full-blown sit-down meal before that big night out.
- Take a Hangover-Busting Swim - Yes, nothing conquers a hangover quite like an invigorating dip in the sea. Blast away those sore heads, grab a full English, and get set for another day of stag chaos.
Top 10 Bournemouth Stag Do Ideas
- Rage Buggies - Feel the RAGE! These angry off-roaders hit speeds of up to 60 mph.
- Zombie Survival Training - Prepare for the imminent zombie apocalypse with crossbows, axes, assault rifles and more.
- Quad Biking - Tear up the track on these four-wheeled beasts as you head off-road.
- Foot Golf - Gareth Bale's dream. A mash-up of two of Britain's best sports. "Foreeee!!!"
- Assault Rifle Shooting - Real-life Call of Duty. Put down the controller and grab your guns!
- Go Karting - Put to bed any arguments about who's the best driver as you settle it ONCE AND FOR ALL.
- Pier Zip - Conquer those hangovers by flying down Bournemouth Pier on a zip wire.
- Clay Shooting - Put your sharpshooting skills to the test in this epic gun-blasting activity!
- Bubble Football - Bounce the rest of the stags into row Z in this chaotic footy fight.
- Paintball - It's time to paint the stag red as you lock and load in this classic pre-wedding activity!
How Many Activities Should You Do Each Day?
Well, the short answer is: it depends!
We'd say book no more than three stag activities in Bournemouth each day. Mainly because you need time to fit everything else in (like stuffing your faces and getting ready for that big night on the town).
If you're not 100% sure, send us your Bournemouth enquiry with a rough idea of what you want to do. Our Bournemouth Destination Specialist (Luke) will use their expert knowledge to build the perfect weekend.
They'll then send this to you and work with you to get it spot-on.
Are All the Activities Based in Bournemouth?
Most of the activities will be located in and around the local area, so you won't have to travel too far, but some will be slightly further out.
Don't worry, though, we can help advise you on this and help arrange transport for you and your group if needs be.
How to Book Your Bournemouth Stag Weekend
Once you've got a rough idea of what you want to do, send us a speedy Bournemouth stag enquiry. We'll then get to work building your big weekend.
When it's ready, we'll send your quote over to you and work with you to get the weekend you want.
Not sure of your final group size yet? Don't sweat it. We just need to know your maximum numbers to book your weekend in.
And if people drop out, no dramas!
Your price will be based on a minimum number of people attending that will be clearly outlined on your quote. As long as your group size doesn't drop below this number, the price won't change.
Your Money is Safe with StagWeb
Yes, don't go putting everyone's hard-earned money at risk by booking with a company who aren't properly covered.
Here at StagWeb, we're ABTA bonded (No.W7797), which means we're held to the highest industry standards so you know you're safe.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get that big weekend sorted!
StagWeb Go To Bournemouth
Here at StagWeb, we do things differently.
Rather than Google 'the best things to do in [random destination]', we actually send our Destination Specialists and Event Managers around the country and Europe to bone up on all the latest and greatest stag offerings.
So, when we said to our Bournemouth Event Manager, Steph:
"We need you to go to Bournemouth to try a load of local beers, hit the beach, take on some insane activities, and make sure you find the best stag cuisine about,"
She was already out the door and halfway down the A350 before we could say, "And it's on the house!"
Here's what Steph discovered on her (boozy) fact-finding mission:
The Things You NEED to Know 👀
- Pint prices are pretty average (not too steep, not too cheap!)
- Old Christchurch Road is where the party is at
- Most of the bigger activities are on the outskirts of Bournemouth (so you may need transport)
What's Bournemouth Like? 😃
"Bournemouth is fun and relaxing which is the perfect combo for stags.
"It's fun in that the town centre is full of top pubs, clubs, and restaurants, so it won't be hard to find the party.
"It's relaxing in that you can head to the beach to work on those hangovers - nothing sorts those sore heads out quite like a dip in the sea!"
Top Things to Do in Bournemouth 🌊
Party Boats 🎉
"The Bournemouth party boats pop off!
"They actually depart out of the town, but you will easily be able to order a taxi, a minibus, or hop on the train as Poole Station is just a 13-minute walk to the Quay front.
"And if you head there early, you can stop off for some pub grub at Wetherspoons before departing which is literally opposite the Part Boat meeting point."
Read more about the Party Boats in Bournemouth.
Water Assault Course 💧
"This place is a must in the summer.
"It's slightly out of town, so we had to drive, but there is loads of parking available.
"We had a go at the obstacle course, which I was pretty rubbish at, but it was still hilarious from the get-go which is good news if you think you'll be awful at it, too!"
Read more about the Water Assault Course in Bournemouth.
"If I was booking a stag here, I'd book the glamping option without hesitation.
"They have a load of events on-site, including quad biking, clay shooting, archery and more.
"If you're staying in one of our sites, I'd recommend car sharing to arrive as they're 20 miles from the town centre. It's easy enough to make your way into Bournemouth, but you'll just need to plan ahead.
Top Drinking Spots in Bournemouth 🍺
"Most of the bars and clubs are along Old Christchurch Road which is a great place to start the night and then it's not too far to walk to get to the bigger clubs.
"And if you're all about the party, then you won't need to drive much at all on a weekend in Bournemouth as everything is concentrated close by."
Steph's Recommendations 🤍
- Aruba Bournemouth - Pier Approach, BH2 5AA
- Level 8 Sky Bar - Terrace Road, BH2 5EL
- Chaplins & The Cellar Bar - 529 Christchurch Road, Boscombe, BH1 4AG
- The Firkin Shed - 279 Holdenhurst Road, BH8 8BZ
- Smokin' Aces - 103 Commercial Road, BH2 5RT
- Bar So - Exeter Road, BH2 5AG
"Most of these bars have offers on at certain times of the day, so make sure you check this in advance!"
Top Eateries in Bournemouth 🍔
"There are some great places to eat including Key West Bar & Grill which is literally on the pier.
"Again, Aruba is awesome, and it's also on Bournemouth Pier.
"Then you've got WestBeach which is on the seafront and specialises in locally sourced seafood.
"However, 7Bone Burger Co., was my personal favourite and it honestly may have been the best burger I've ever eaten in my life."
Steph's Recommendations 🤍
- Key West Bar & Grill - Pier Approach, BH2 5AA
- Aruba Bournemouth - Pier Approach, BH2 5AA
- WestBeach - Pier Approach, BH2 5AA
- Sixty Million Postcards - 19-21 Exeter Road, BH2 5AF
- 7Bone Burger Co. - 9 Gervice Place, BH1 2AN
- Flirt Café & Bar - 21 The Triangle, BH2 5RG
Get Social With StagWeb 📣
Follow and tag us in your future legendary pint snapshots 🍻
Create your epic stag package!
Less Hassle. More Fun.Build your stag!